The Fractal Moving Average indicator for Metatrader tracks the current market trend and is primarily employed for constructing crossover trading strategies.
The Fractal Moving Average is also known as FMA.
It can be used by scalpers, day traders and swing traders alike.
- A bullish trend occurs when the Fractal Moving Average indicator shows an upward slope.
- A bearish trend occurs when the Fractal Moving Average indicator shows a downward slope.
The following indicator inputs and parameters can be modified: Fractal period, line style, MA type (linear weighted).
The Fractal Moving Average indicator works for any trading instrument supported by the MT5 charting platform.
Make yourself familiar with this technical indicator and test it first on a demo account before running it on a live trading account.
It supports all time frames and Forex pairs.
Download Indicator 🆓
The following chart shows how the Fractal Moving Average indicator looks like when applied to the MT5 chart.
How To Buy And Sell Forex Pairs With The Fractal Moving Average Indicator?
Find a simple trading strategy below:
Add both a long-term and short-term Fractal Moving Average to the price chart, utilizing them as a crossover trend trading strategy.
Add the 10 period Fractal Moving Average and the 200 period Fractal Moving Average to the chart.
A buy signal is generated when the shorter-term FMA crosses the longer-term FMA bottom up.
Conversely, a sell signal is generated when the shorter-term FMA falls back below the longer-term FMA from above.
Download Now 🆓
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Install This Custom Indicator On Metatrader 5?
- Open the MT5 trading platform
- Click on the File menu button located at the top left part of the platform
- Click on Open Data Folder > MQL5 folder > Indicators
- Copy the Fractal_Moving_Average.mq5 indicator file in the Indicators folder
- Close and restart the trading platform
- You will find the indicator here (Navigator window > Indicators)
- Drag the indicator to the chart to get started with it!
How Do I Edit This Indicator?
- Click in the open chart with your right mouse button
- In the dropdown menu, click on Indicator List
- Select the indicator and click on properties
- Now you can edit the inputs, colors, levels, scale and visualization
- Finally click the OK button to save the new configuration