The MA Trend Signal indicator for Metatrader 5 converts the traditional moving average into an awesome buy & sell technical oscillator.
The indicator appears in a separate chart window as red/gray/green colored bars that oscillate above and below the zero level.
How to spot market trends with the MA Trend indicator?
- Green colored bars above the zero level indicate an uptrending market.
- Red colored bars below the zero level indicate a downtrending market.
- Gray colored bars indicate a sideways trend.
The indicator works for any trading instrument (Forex, Stocks, Indices, Metals, etc.) that can be loaded in the Metatrader 5 platform.
The following indicator inputs and parameters can be adjusted: First MA period, step, MA count, method, applied price.
Make yourself familiar with this technical indicator and test it first on a demo account.
It supports all time frames and Forex pairs.
Download Indicator 🆓
The following chart shows how the MA Trend Signal indicator looks like when applied to the MT5 chart.
How To Buy And Sell Forex Pairs With The MA Trend Signal Forex Indicator?
Find a simple trading example below:
- A buy signal is given when the MA Trend signal bars cross the zero level bottom-up.
- Open a long transaction and set your stop loss below technical support.
- Close the buy trade at prior resistance or for a fixed take profit target of your preference.
- A sell signal is given when the MA Trend signal bars cross the zero level top-down.
- Open a short transaction and set your stop loss above resistance.
- Close the sell trade at prior support or for a fixed take profit target of your preference.
Download Now 🆓
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Install This Custom Indicator On Metatrader 5?
- Open the MT5 trading platform
- Click on the File menu button located at the top left part of the platform
- Click on Open Data Folder > MQL5 folder > Indicators
- Copy the MA_Trend.mq5 indicator file in the Indicators folder
- Close and restart the trading platform
- You will find the indicator here (Navigator window > Indicators)
- Drag the indicator to the chart to get started with it!
How Do I Edit This Indicator?
- Click in the open chart with your right mouse button
- In the dropdown menu, click on Indicator List
- Select the indicator and click on properties
- Now you can edit the inputs, colors, levels, scale and visualization
- Finally click the OK button to save the new configuration