The Moving Average Crossover Trader indicator for Metatrader 5 delivers buy and sell trading signals that can be used for both trade entries and exits.
The indicator is a two-color line that appears in the main price chart.
It provides no-repaint trend signals that fits both beginners and seasoned currency traders.
How does it work?
- The yellow colored line marks a bullish market trend.
- The purple colored line marks a bearish market trend.
The following indicator inputs can be modified to suit your preferences: period, line style & color.
Make yourself familiar with this solid technical indicator and test it first on a demo account until you fully understand how it works in both trending and sideways moving markets.
It supports all time frames and Forex pairs.
Download Indicator 🆓
The following chart shows how the Moving Average Crossover Trader indicator looks like when applied to the MT5 chart.
How To Buy And Sell Forex Pairs With The Moving Average Crossover Trader Indicator?
Find a simple trading example below:
- A buy signal is confirmed when the yellow colored line appears in the chart.
- Open a long transaction and place your stop loss below the most recent swing low region.
- Close the buy trade for a reward/risk ratio of at least 1.5, or wait for a bearish trend reversal signal.
- A sell signal is confirmed when the purple colored line appears in the chart.
- Open a short transaction and place your stop loss above the most recent swing high region.
- Close the sell trade for a reward/risk ratio of at least 1.5, or wait for a bullish trend reversal signal.
Download Now 🆓
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Install This Custom Indicator On Metatrader 5?
- Open the MT5 trading platform
- Click on the File menu button located at the top left part of the platform
- Click on Open Data Folder > MQL5 folder > Indicators
- Copy the PercentageCrossover.mq5 indicator file in the Indicators folder
- Close and restart the trading platform
- You will find the indicator here (Navigator window > Indicators)
- Drag the indicator to the chart to get started with it!
How Do I Edit This Indicator?
- Click in the open chart with your right mouse button
- In the dropdown menu, click on Indicator List
- Select the indicator and click on properties
- Now you can edit the inputs, colors, levels, scale and visualization
- Finally click the OK button to save the new configuration