The Vortex Smoothed Trend indicator for Metatrader 5 follows the prevailing trend with great precision using a smoothing filter.
The indicator will create less false signals due to the smoothing filter being used.
It appears in a sub chart window as a colored clouds trading system with easy to follow trading rules.
How to interpret this indicator?
- The blue colored Vortex cloud represents a buy trend.
- The light-red Vortex cloud represents a sell trend.
The following indicator inputs and parameters can be modified: Vortex period, price smoothing period.
- For short-term currency traders, deploy the indicator during the most volatile trading hours for best success rate.
- Swing traders can use Vortex successfully on the 1-hour, 4-hour and daily charts.
Make yourself familiar with this technical indicator and test it first on a demo account for an extended period of time.
This trend indicator is valuable, lightweight and could help you to make informed buy and sell trade decisions.
It supports all time frames and Forex pairs.
Download Indicator 🆓
The following chart shows how the Vortex Smoothed Trend indicator looks like when applied to the MT5 chart.
How To Buy And Sell Currency Pairs With The Vortex Smoothed Trend Indicator?
Find a simple trading example below:
- The appearance of the blue Vortex smoothed cloud is a buy signal.
- Open a buy trade and place a stop below the most recent support region.
- Exit the buy trade for a risk/reward ratio of at least 1, or close for a fixed profit target.
- The appearance of the light-red Vortex smoothed cloud is a sell signal.
- Open a sell trade and place a stop above the most recent resistance region.
- Exit the sell trade for a risk/reward ratio of at least 1, or close for a fixed profit target.
Download Now 🆓
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Install This Custom Indicator On Metatrader 5?
- Open the MT5 trading platform
- Click on the File menu button located at the top left part of the platform
- Click on Open Data Folder > MQL5 folder > Indicators
- Copy the Vortex – smoothed.mq5 indicator file in the Indicators folder
- Close and restart the trading platform
- You will find the indicator here (Navigator window > Indicators)
- Drag the indicator to the chart to get started with it!
How Do I Edit This Indicator?
- Click in the open chart with your right mouse button
- In the dropdown menu, click on Indicator List
- Select the indicator and click on properties
- Now you can edit the inputs, colors, levels, scale and visualization
- Finally click the OK button to save the new configuration