The Ahrens MACD Signal indicator for Metatrader 5 tends to deliver less lagging trading signals and it’s based on the classic MACD.
MACD stands for Moving average convergence/divergence.
It’s a popular indicator used in many trading systems and Forex strategies.
However, it can be used as a standalone buy/sell signals indicator as well.
How to spot identify market trends with the Ahrens MACD indicator?
- The market trend is bullish when the MACD bars are positioned above zero.
- The market trend is bearish when the MACD bars are positioned below zero.
The indicator contains the following inputs and parameters: fast ahrens period, slow ahrens period, signal line period.
Make yourself familiar with this technical indicator and test it first on a demo account for an extended period of time.
It supports all time frames and Forex pairs.
Download Indicator 🆓
The following chart shows how the Ahrens MACD Forex indicator looks like when applied to the MT5 chart.
How To Buy And Sell Forex Pairs With The Ahrens MACD Indicator?
Find a simple trading example below:
- The first blue colored Ahrens MACD bar above zero is your buy entry price.
- Open a long trade and place your stop loss below the most recent support zone.
- Exit the buy trade for a fixed take profit or wait until the MACD bars turn back below zero.
- The first orange colored Ahrens MACD bar below zero is your sell entry price.
- Open a short trade and place your stop loss above the most recent resistance zone.
- Exit the sell trade for a fixed take profit or wait until the MACD bars turn back above zero.
Download Now 🆓
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Install This Custom Indicator On Metatrader 5?
- Open the MT5 trading platform
- Click on the File menu button located at the top left part of the platform
- Click on Open Data Folder > MQL5 folder > Indicators
- Copy the AhrensMACD.mq5 indicator file in the Indicators folder
- Close and restart the trading platform
- You will find the indicator here (Navigator window > Indicators)
- Drag the indicator to the chart to get started with it!
How Do I Edit This Indicator?
- Click in the open chart with your right mouse button
- In the dropdown menu, click on Indicator List
- Select the indicator and click on properties
- Now you can edit the inputs, colors, levels, scale and visualization
- Finally click the OK button to save the new configuration