The Jurik Moving Average (JMA) Forex indicator for Metatrader 5 is an enhanced version of the regular moving average and is less lagging the price.
The indicator appears as a single line on the main screen and it follows the trend.
How to spot a bull & bear trend?
- A bull trend occurs when price is trading above the Jurik Moving Average.
- A bear trend occurs when price is trading below the Jurik Moving Average.
The JMA indicator works for any trading instrument that can be loaded in the Metatrader 5 platform.
The following indicator inputs and parameters can be modified: length, phase, bar count.
Make yourself familiar with this technical indicator and test it first on a demo account.
It supports all time frames and Forex pairs.
Download Indicator 🆓
The following chart shows how the Jurik Moving Average indicator looks like when applied to the MT5 chart.
How To Buy And Sell Forex Pairs With The Jurik Moving Average Forex Indicator?
Find a simple trading example below:
- A bullish signal is given when the candle closes above the JMA indicator from below.
- Open a buy trade and set your stop loss below the JMA line.
- Close the buy trade for a fixed take profit target, or wait for an opposite trading signal (sell).
- A bearish signal is given when the candle closes below the JMA indicator from above.
- Open a sell trade and set your stop loss above the JMA line.
- Close the sell trade for a fixed take profit target, or wait for an opposite trading signal (buy).
Download Now 🆓
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Install This Custom Indicator On Metatrader 5?
- Open the MT5 trading platform
- Click on the File menu button located at the top left part of the platform
- Click on Open Data Folder > MQL5 folder > Indicators
- Copy the JMA.mq5 indicator file in the Indicators folder
- Close and restart the trading platform
- You will find the indicator here (Navigator window > Indicators)
- Drag the indicator to the chart to get started with it!
How Do I Edit This Indicator?
- Click in the open chart with your right mouse button
- In the dropdown menu, click on Indicator List
- Select the indicator and click on properties
- Now you can edit the inputs, colors, levels, scale and visualization
- Finally click the OK button to save the new configuration