The Kurtosis Forex indicator for Metatrader 5 is a momentum oscillator using a smoothing filter that delivers winning trading signals for any FX pair.
The indicator appears in a separate chart window as a red colored line that oscillates above and below the zero point.
The trade logic works as follows:
- The market state is bullish when the red colored Kurtosis line crosses back above 0.
- The market state is bearish when the red colored Kurtosis line crosses back below 0.
The indicator allows customizing the following settings and parameters: period of momentum, primary smoothing period, secondary smoothing period, applied price.
The Kurtosis indicator works for any trading instrument that can be loaded in the Metatrader 5 platform.
For M1 and M5 chart traders: deploy the indicator on the lower spread Forex pairs for best trading performance.
Make yourself familiar with this technical indicator and test it first on a demo account before using it on a real account.
It supports all time frames and Forex pairs.
Download Indicator 🆓
The following chart shows how the Kurtosis indicator looks like when applied to the MT5 chart.
How To Buy And Sell Forex Pairs With The Kurtosis Signal Indicator?
Find a simple trading example below:
- A buy signal arises when the red Kurtosis line crosses 0 bottom up.
- Open a buy trade and place a stop loss slightly below technical support.
- Exit the long trade for a fixed profit target, or wait for a sell signal.
- A sell signal arises when the red Kurtosis line crosses 0 top down (see chart above).
- Open a sell trade and place a stop loss slightly above technical resistance.
- Exit the short trade for a fixed profit target, or wait for a buy signal.
Download Now 🆓
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Install This Custom Indicator On Metatrader 5?
- Open the MT5 trading platform
- Click on the File menu button located at the top left part of the platform
- Click on Open Data Folder > MQL5 folder > Indicators
- Copy the Kurtosis.mq5 indicator file in the Indicators folder
- Close and restart the trading platform
- You will find the indicator here (Navigator window > Indicators)
- Drag the indicator to the chart to get started with it!
How Do I Edit This Indicator?
- Click in the open chart with your right mouse button
- In the dropdown menu, click on Indicator List
- Select the indicator and click on properties
- Now you can edit the inputs, colors, levels, scale and visualization
- Finally click the OK button to save the new configuration