The Volatility Quality Stridsman indicator for Metatrader 5 provides good quality trend signals based on moving averages and digital filters.
The indicator does not repaint and gets displayed in a separate chart window as a 2-color line that crosses above and below a gray dotted line.
How does it predict future market trends?
- The 2-color line above the gray dotted line predicts a bull trend.
- The 2-color line below the gray dotted line predicts a bear trend.
The indicator allows customizing the following settings and parameters: price smoothing period, method, fast moving average, slow moving average, filter in pips.
The Volatility Quality Stridsman indicator can be used in conjunction with other technical indicators, but it should perform well as a standalone trading tool.
Make yourself familiar with this technical tool and test it first on a practice account before using it in a real trading account.
For M1 and M5 chart traders:
The indicator will perform the best in the London and New York trading session.
Download Indicator 🆓
The following chart shows how the Volatility Quality Stridsman indicator looks like when applied to the MT5 chart.
How To Buy And Sell Currency Pairs With The Volatility Quality Stridsman Indicator?
Find a simple trading example below:
- A buy signal is confirmed when the 2-color line crosses the gray dotted line bottom up.
- Open a long trade and set a stop order below technical support.
- Exit the buy trade for a risk to reward ratio of at least 1.5, or hold the trade and wait for a sell signal.
- A sell signal is confirmed when the 2-color line crosses the gray dotted line top down.
- Open a short trade and set a stop order above technical resistance.
- Exit the sell trade for a risk to reward ratio of at least 1.5, or hold the trade and wait for a buy signal.
Download Now 🆓
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Install This Custom Indicator On Metatrader 5?
- Open the MT5 trading platform
- Click on the File menu button located at the top left part of the platform
- Click on Open Data Folder > MQL5 folder > Indicators
- Copy the Volatility_quality_Stridsman.mq5 indicator file in the Indicators folder
- Close and restart the trading platform
- You will find the indicator here (Navigator window > Indicators)
- Drag the indicator to the chart to get started with it!
How Do I Edit This Indicator?
- Click in the open chart with your right mouse button
- In the dropdown menu, click on Indicator List
- Select the indicator and click on properties
- Now you can edit the inputs, colors, levels, scale and visualization
- Finally click the OK button to save the new configuration