The Vortex Forex indicator for Metatrader 5 is a popular trend indicator that identifies trend changes and provides accurate entry and exit points.
It’s a powerful, yet simple to understand trend indicator that performs the best in trending market environments.
How to interpret this indicator?
- The green colored Vortex line above the red colored line is considered bullish.
- The red colored Vortex line above the green colored line is considered bearish.
The following indicator inputs and parameters can be modified: Vortex period, colors, line style.
- The Vortex indicator works well for scalpers and day traders using the 5-minute and 15-minute trading charts.
- Swing traders can use Vortex successfully on the 1-hour, 4-hour and daily charts.
Make yourself familiar with this technical indicator and test it first on a demo account for an extended period of time.
It supports all time frames and Forex pairs.
Download Indicator 🆓
The following chart shows how the Vortex Forex Trend indicator looks like when applied to the MT5 chart.
How To Buy And Sell Currency Pairs With The Vortex Forex Trend Indicator?
Find a simple trading example below:
- A buy signal occurs when the green Vortex line crosses above the red line from below.
- Open a buy trade and place a stop below the previous swing low level.
- Hold the buy trade until a sell signal gets printed on the chart, or exit for a fixed profit target.
- A sell signal occurs when the red Vortex line crosses above the green line from below.
- Open a sell trade and place a stop above the previous swing high level.
- Hold the sell trade until a buy signal gets printed on the chart, or exit for a fixed profit target.
Download Now 🆓
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Install This Custom Indicator On Metatrader 5?
- Open the MT5 trading platform
- Click on the File menu button located at the top left part of the platform
- Click on Open Data Folder > MQL5 folder > Indicators
- Copy the VORTEX.mq5 indicator file in the Indicators folder
- Close and restart the trading platform
- You will find the indicator here (Navigator window > Indicators)
- Drag the indicator to the chart to get started with it!
How Do I Edit This Indicator?
- Click in the open chart with your right mouse button
- In the dropdown menu, click on Indicator List
- Select the indicator and click on properties
- Now you can edit the inputs, colors, levels, scale and visualization
- Finally click the OK button to save the new configuration