The Vortex Trend Forex indicator for Metatrader 5 is a popular trend tool that delivers beginner friendly trading signals for any currency pair.
The indicator is pretty accurate in both trending and sideways moving markets.
The indicator appears in a separate chart window as red/gray/green colored dots.
How to identify the trend with the Vortex indicator?
- A green colored dot indicates a bullish market (up direction).
- A red colored dot indicates a bearish market (down direction).
- A gray colored dot indicates a trend-less market.
The indicator contains the following inputs and parameters: Vortex period, smoothing period, upper limit, lower limit.
Make yourself familiar with this technical indicator and test it first on a demo account.
Remember to have realistic expectations, performance will vary depending on market conditions (trending markets, sideways markets, etc.).
Download Indicator 🆓
The following chart shows how the Vortex Trend indicator looks like when applied to the MT5 chart.
How To Buy And Sell Forex Pairs With The Vortex Trend Indicator?
Find a simple trading example below:
- The first green Vortex dot is a buy signal.
- Open a buy trade and place your stop loss 3 pips below technical support.
- Close the buy trade for a risk/reward ratio of 1:2, or wait for the first red colored Vortex dot.
- The first red Vortex dot is a sell signal.
- Open a sell trade and place your stop loss 3 pips above technical resistance.
- Close the sell trade for a risk/reward ratio of 1:2, or wait for the first green colored Vortex dot.
Download Now 🆓
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Install This Custom Indicator On Metatrader 5?
- Open the MT5 trading platform
- Click on the File menu button located at the top left part of the platform
- Click on Open Data Folder > MQL5 folder > Indicators
- Copy the Vortex_Trend.mq5 indicator file in the Indicators folder
- Close and restart the trading platform
- You will find the indicator here (Navigator window > Indicators)
- Drag the indicator to the chart to get started with it!
How Do I Edit This Indicator?
- Click in the open chart with your right mouse button
- In the dropdown menu, click on Indicator List
- Select the indicator and click on properties
- Now you can edit the inputs, colors, levels, scale and visualization
- Finally click the OK button to save the new configuration