The Jurik Smooth Trend Follower indicator for Metatrader 5 is a valuable trend follower tool that has a good win rate.
The indicator gets displayed in the price chart as two colored lines that follow the trend with good accuracy.
Understanding the indicator:
- The green colored signal line represents an uptrend.
- The pink colored signal line represents a downtrend.
The following indicator inputs and parameters can be modified: smooth period, smooth phase, colors, style.
It works for Forex, Stocks, Indices, Gold, Bitcoin, etc.
Make yourself familiar with this technical indicator and test it first on a demo account for an extended period of time.
Download Indicator 🆓
The following chart shows how the Jurik Smooth Trend Follower Forex indicator looks like when applied to the MT5 chart.
How To Buy And Sell Currency Pairs With The Jurik Smooth Trend Follower Indicator?
Find a simple trading example below:
- The appearance of the green colored Jurik Smooth indicator line represents a buy signal.
- Open a long trade and set a protective stop loss below the lower green dotted line.
- Exit the buy trade for a fixed take profit target or reverse the trade when a sell signal shows up in the chart.
- The appearance of the pink colored Jurik Smooth indicator line represents a sell signal.
- Open a short trade and set a protective stop loss above the upper pink dotted line.
- Exit the sell trade for a fixed take profit target or reverse the trade when a buy signal shows up in the chart.
Download Now 🆓
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Install This Custom Indicator On Metatrader 5?
- Open the MT5 trading platform
- Click on the File menu button located at the top left part of the platform
- Click on Open Data Folder > MQL5 folder > Indicators
- Copy the Jurik smooth on chart generic trend.mq5 indicator file in the Indicators folder
- Close and restart the trading platform
- You will find the indicator here (Navigator window > Indicators)
- Drag the indicator to the chart to get started with it!
How Do I Edit This Indicator?
- Click in the open chart with your right mouse button
- In the dropdown menu, click on Indicator List
- Select the indicator and click on properties
- Now you can edit the inputs, colors, levels, scale and visualization
- Finally click the OK button to save the new configuration