The MA Crossover Alert indicator developed for Metatrader 5 is a popular trading system based on the intersection of two moving averages to generate signals.
To generate a buy signal, the fast moving average must cross above the slow moving average.
Conversely, a sell signal is generated when the fast moving average crosses below the slow moving average.
This non-repaint trend indicator caters to scalpers, day traders, and swing traders alike.
Users have the flexibility to adjust various inputs and parameters of the indicator, such as the smoothing method, MA periods, price, slow moving, alerts, and more.
If you’re a currency trader focusing on the 1-minute and 5-minute charts, here’s a valuable tip:
For optimal results, it is recommended to use the MA Crossover Alert indicator during the London and New York trading sessions due to the increased market volatility.
Download Indicator 🆓
The following picture shows how the MA Crossover Alert indicator looks like when applied to the MT5 chart.
How To Buy And Sell Currency Pairs With The MA Crossover Alert Indicator?
Find a simple trading example below:
- A buy signal is triggered when the green colored MA Alert signal arrow gets displayed on the chart.
- Open a buy market order and place your protective stop below the most recent swing low level.
- Close and reverse the buy trade when the red colored MA signal arrow appears in the chart.
- Alternatively: exit the buy trade for a fixed profit target that suits your preference (for example, +25 pips on the M5 chart).
- A sell signal is triggered when the red colored MA Alert signal arrow gets displayed on the chart
- Open a sell market order and place your protective stop above the most recent swing high level.
- Close and reverse the sell trade when the green colored MA signal arrow appears in the chart.
- Alternatively: exit the sell trade for a fixed profit target that suits your preference (for example, +15 pips on the M1 chart).
Download Now 🆓
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Install This Custom Indicator On Metatrader 5?
- Open the MT5 trading platform
- Click on the File menu button located at the top left part of the platform
- Click on Open Data Folder > MQL5 folder > Indicators
- Copy the ma-crossover_alert.mq5 indicator file in the Indicators folder
- Close and restart the trading platform
- You will find the indicator here (Navigator window > Indicators)
- Drag the indicator to the chart to get started with it!
How Do I Edit This Indicator?
- Click in the open chart with your right mouse button
- In the dropdown menu, click on Indicator List
- Select the indicator and click on properties
- Now you can edit the inputs, colors, levels, scale and visualization
- Finally click the OK button to save the new configuration