The MACD Hull Signal indicator for Metatrader 5 uses the Hull moving average in its calculations and it provides accurate trading signals.
It’s an oscillator type indicator that creates signals when the signal line crosses above or below the 0 level.
The indicator is beginner friendly and does not repaint the MACD Hull signal line.
How does it generate buy & sell signals?
- A cross back above 0 generates a buy signal.
- A cross back below 0 generates a sell signal.
The following indicator inputs and parameters can be customized: fast Hull period, slow Hull period, signal period, price.
The MACD Hull indicator works for any trading instrument (Forex, Stocks, Indices, etc.) that can be loaded in the Metatrader 5 platform.
Make yourself familiar with this technical indicator and test it first on a demo account before using it in a real trading account.
It supports all time frames and Forex pairs.
Download Indicator 🆓
The following chart shows how the MACD Hull Signal indicator looks like when applied to the MT5 chart.
How To Buy And Sell FX Pairs With The MACD Hull Signal Indicator?
Find a simple trading example below:
- A buy signal is formed when the MACD Hull indicator crosses the 0 level bottom up.
- Open a buy trade and place your protective stop order below previous swing support.
- Exit the buy trade for a fixed take profit or hold the trade until the indicator crosses back below 0.
- A sell signal is formed when the MACD Hull indicator crosses the 0 level top down.
- Open a sell trade and place your protective stop order above previous swing resistance.
- Exit the sell trade for a fixed take profit or hold the trade until the indicator crosses back above 0.
Download Now 🆓
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Install This Custom Indicator On Metatrader 5?
- Open the MT5 trading platform
- Click on the File menu button located at the top left part of the platform
- Click on Open Data Folder > MQL5 folder > Indicators
- Copy the Macd Hull.mq5 indicator file in the Indicators folder
- Close and restart the trading platform
- You will find the indicator here (Navigator window > Indicators)
- Drag the indicator to the chart to get started with it!
How Do I Edit This Indicator?
- Click in the open chart with your right mouse button
- In the dropdown menu, click on Indicator List
- Select the indicator and click on properties
- Now you can edit the inputs, colors, levels, scale and visualization
- Finally click the OK button to save the new configuration