The Median Moving Average indicator for Metatrader 5 is a trend-following MA which is calculated using the median price for a given period and time frame.
The median moving average gets displayed as a blue colored line on the price chart.
The indicator works the best when used as a crossover trading strategy.
How does it work?
- Add a longer-term and shorter-term median moving average to the chart and trade the crossover signals.
- A buy signal occurs when the shorter-term median MA crosses above the longer-term median MA.
- A sell signal occurs when the shorter-term median MA crosses below the longer-term median MA.
The following indicator inputs and parameters can be modified: median period, applied price (close price), line style.
The median moving average works for any trading instrument that can be loaded in the Metatrader 5 platform.
Make yourself familiar with this technical indicator and test it first on a demo account before applying it to a real trading account.
It supports all time frames and Forex pairs.
Download Indicator 🆓
The following chart shows how the Median Moving Average indicator looks like when applied to the MT5 chart.
How To Buy And Sell Forex Pairs With The Median Moving Average Indicator?
Find a simple trading example below:
- A buy signal is formed when the candlestick crosses the median MA bottom up.
- Open a buy trade and place a protective stop loss below support.
- Exit the buy trade for a fixed profit target, or wait for a sell signal.
- A sell signal is formed when the candlestick crosses the median MA top down.
- Open a sell trade and place a protective stop loss above resistance.
- Exit the sell trade for a fixed profit target, or wait for a buy signal.
Download Now 🆓
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Install This Custom Indicator On Metatrader 5?
- Open the MT5 trading platform
- Click on the File menu button located at the top left part of the platform
- Click on Open Data Folder > MQL5 folder > Indicators
- Copy the MedianMA.mq5 indicator file in the Indicators folder
- Close and restart the trading platform
- You will find the indicator here (Navigator window > Indicators)
- Drag the indicator to the chart to get started with it!
How Do I Edit This Indicator?
- Click in the open chart with your right mouse button
- In the dropdown menu, click on Indicator List
- Select the indicator and click on properties
- Now you can edit the inputs, colors, levels, scale and visualization
- Finally click the OK button to save the new configuration