The Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average indicator for Metatrader 5 follows the prevailing trend and it’s mainly used to built a crossover trading strategy.
Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average is also known as KAMA.
- Price action above KAMA is bullish.
- Price action below KAMA is bearish.
The following indicator inputs and parameters can be modified: period (20), applied price (close price), colors, line style.
The KAMA indicator works for any trading instrument that can be loaded in the Metatrader 5 platform.
Make yourself familiar with this technical indicator and test it first on a demo account before running it on a real trading account.
It supports all time frames and Forex pairs.
Download Indicator 🆓
The following chart shows how the Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average indicator looks like when applied to the MT5 chart.
How To Buy And Sell Forex Pairs With The Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average Indicator?
Find a simple trading example below:
Place a long-term period and short-term period Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average to the price chart and use it as a crossover trend trading strategy.
Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average period 1: 5 (short-term KAMA moving average)
Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average 2: 100 (long-term KAMA moving average)
When the short-term KAMA crosses above the long-term KAMA, it generates a buy signal.
When the short-term KAMA crosses below the long-term KAMA, it generates a sell signal.
Download Now 🆓
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Install This Custom Indicator On Metatrader 5?
- Open the MT5 trading platform
- Click on the File menu button located at the top left part of the platform
- Click on Open Data Folder > MQL5 folder > Indicators
- Copy the KAMA.mq5 indicator file in the Indicators folder
- Close and restart the trading platform
- You will find the indicator here (Navigator window > Indicators)
- Drag the indicator to the chart to get started with it!
How Do I Edit This Indicator?
- Click in the open chart with your right mouse button
- In the dropdown menu, click on Indicator List
- Select the indicator and click on properties
- Now you can edit the inputs, colors, levels, scale and visualization
- Finally click the OK button to save the new configuration